Gist Titanium Fountain Pen
There is certain simplicity to a capped pen comparing to click or bolt action pens. Tactile Turn uses acme thread to keep the cap secure when closed. Also, the threads have a flat top so they are more comfortable to grip on. The idea of this pen started from making a fountain pen that is friendly to the tough needs of something you would use every day - most fountain pens aren't really designed for hard use. This is the 2018 improved and updated model.
The titanium is the most popular of all the materials Tactile Turn works with. Not as lightweight as aluminium, but significantly lighter than stainless steel, brass or copper. Titanium is tough, lightweight and resists corrosion very well. All parts of this pen are titanium except the clip, which is stainless steel.
CNC Machined Pens
Tactile Turn was one of the first 100% machined pen manufacturers. They don't use molded parts as most other pens. The parts are made one by one in their own shop in Texas, using the best equipment and material available. Quality is something they never trade off, as everything is designed to be an heirloom quality item after daily use.
One of the trademarks of Tactile Turn pens is the texture. The tactile feeling that comes when you pick one of these pens up is hard to describe, but it provides just the right amount of grip while feeling pleasant. It also protects the pen from light scratches.
Updates to the 2018 Gist fountain pens:
- Longer bodies that accomodate the standard international converters. This extra length also makes the pens fit better in most hands and makes the pens a little more proportional.
- Higbee thread starts for the caps. It means there isn’t a partial thread and so initial engagement feels better and it is a stronger thread.
- 1.5 turns to open and close. The original Gists were closer to 3.
- Plastic internal part for the metal pens so they post more securely and avoid metal on metal contact.
Products in new condition can be returned for free within 60 days. We'll cover the return shipping, but the original shipping costs will not be refunded.
Our Return Policy →
Data sheet • Product codes
- SizeLength in mm: 137,7 (Capped) – 124,5 (Uncapped) – 158,7 (Posted) – 67,3 (The Cap). Thickness in mm: 14 (Cap) – 12,7 (Body) – 10,9 (Median grip)
- Weight45,2 g
- Made inU.S.A
- NibFine Steel Nib
Part of the collection:
Machined Fountain Pens
Fountain pens are still here, despite the breakthrough of rollerball and ballpoint pens. And for a good reason; writing don't require pressure and ink flow is smooth. Machined body is virtually everlasting and can be passed down to the next generation.
We have received your review - thanks a lot, much obliged. Your review will be published as soon as we have a chance to check it out.
Tactile Turn - Machined Pens
Located in Texas, the Tactile Turn is a machinery and design studio which has some of the most outstanding expertise on how to get the most out of those machines. The design philosophy is to make simple things, but make them exceptionally well.
We are authorized seller of each brand we represent and authenticity of every product is guaranteed.